Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Artisan Spotlight: BonTon Handmade Ceramic Tile

Founded by Mary Anderson, a self described tile industry vet and Kurt Anderson, V. P. of Sales and Marketing, the master sculptors at BonTon Designs create handmade ceramic works of art.  More than unique, the finished installations are simply beautiful.  See for yourself.

BonTon Sig Diamond Veruca Red Men’s room featuring BonTon’s Signature Diamond in Veruca Red

 

BonTon Poppies Ladies’ room featuring BonTon’s Poppies

Select from the many “designs inspired by Art Nouveau, Art Deco, and the Arts and Crafts movements” or go custom!  Just imagine……

BonTon DisqueO BonTon Tivoli

……so many shapes, so many colors……

n1059728725_30133237_3033

……and girls, they make handbags, too!  I saw some of these cuties at Coverings in Chicago.  Love ‘em!

Please support the (tile) arts and visit BonTon’s website.  All photos courtesy BonTonDesigns.com or BonTon’s Facebook page.

When you think tile, your mind may automatically go to the likes of American Olean, Florida Tile, Crossville, or Dal.  The well-known, super-manufacturers/importers of ceramics, porcelains, glass, stone, and more offer consumers a wealth of product options at affordable prices, while not sacrificing quality.   They have also done a fabulous job, over time, of building a reputation and marketing it to their target very well.  Although I often feature their products here, let’s face it, they don’t need any help from me!  Anybody that knows me knows that I am passionate about tile, so for my own selfish reasons, each week I will feature an artisan tile manufacturer to promote their business and recognize their labor for the love of tile!  

1 comment:

  1. I don't know much about tile but I like your blog. Its interesting despite my lack of knowledge in the area, which is great. My only critical feedback would be that I'm not a huge fan of the black and red colors. They are a bit harsh, but hey it could just be me!

    Also, I found you on the LinkedIn Blogger Users Blogroll post.

    ReplyDelete