Thursday, June 25, 2009

You say modern, I say Moderne!

Have you any idea how difficult it is to get your hands on a Walker Zanger Catalog.  While I was working as a designer at ISC Surfaces in Saint Louis (a designer tile and surface showroom that was also open to the public), it was the item that most often “walked” out of the door.  Even though WZ has offered online access to the entire catalog for a long while, there really is nothing like turning those semi-gloss pages!

The latest additions to WZ’s ceramics series are amazing!  Studio Moderne by Michael Berman is very modern, but with classic sensibilities.  It’s geometric perfection, fitting together like puzzle pieces.  Complete installations trick the mind’s eye into seeing textured wallpaper.

studio moderne 1

Particularly gorgeous when combined with the stone pieces from the same collection.

sm2

All that and mosaics too pretty to step on, too!

sm3

The latest Walker Zanger catalog is available now and can be ordered online.  Worth every penny, it is a must for any tile library……………with an armed guard!

On an unrelated note, I must mention my sadness in response to the news of Michael Jackson’s death today.  Having lost my own brother five years ago this month, my prayers go out especially to his siblings, as I understand just how they feel on this night.  My brother and I grew up being entertained by Michael and many of my happy memories as a child include both Reggie and the moonwalk!  Rest in Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment