Friday, May 29, 2009

Best of Coverings, part 1

I caught the Amtrak in Alton, Illinois (just over the Mississippi from Florissant) to Chicago at about half past 5 am. It was the last day of Coverings 2009 and I could hardly wait to get there!  Sure, I’d missed all of the seminars and events, not to mention the parties.  I would soon find out  what I’d really missed!

The train pulled in to Union Station about 30 minutes early, and after the cab ride from hell (who knew that a yellow cab could go from 0 to 60 and back to 0 in 4 seconds) I arrived at McCormick Place just as the doors opened at 10 am.  The crowd was surprisingly light.  Attendance was down, and I knew it would be with the economy and all………..but wow!  Bad for Coverings, but great for me!  I was able to see everything that I had on my “must-see” list and my “wanna-see-if-I-can” list, plus a whole lotta stuff I didn’t want to see at all without having to elbow any other design/industry professionals out of the way.  I had plenty of time to stop by the Merchandise Mart, visit the Mile, and pick up some Garrett’s Popcorn before my train left at 7pm!

The Best New Product at Coverings: Cercan Tile’s Life Savers (www.cercantile.com).  This innovative mesh-mounted glass mosaic is available in many yummy colors, including some sweet blends!

lifesavers

Best Commercial Product and Best in Show are coming up next so keep it locked!

No comments:

Post a Comment